illegitimate lovechild

Friday, February 03, 2006

I would definitely risk death for more accurate FPS control.

I was surfing around IGN today (as I often do) and I came upon this article in the header. Honestly, it's a pretty cool looking thing and it looks like it would be pretty cool in general, but I was a little disturbed by a tiny bit of info provided.

"...a warning from the State of California ... stated that the mouse wire was known to have cancer-causing elements in it and that I should wash my hands after touching it."

Just take that all in. I'm pretty sure it's talking about the actual wire, and not the insulator around it, but honestly. Cancer causing? In a mouse? Sure, it's supposed to make the connection between the mouse and computer blazingly fast, but... cancer. A little knick to the plastic that you don't notice, don't wash your hands, boom, won't live to see Christmas*.

...But it is really cool.

*dramatization

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home