illegitimate lovechild

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sans practical value

I think that a handy new way of measuring someone's knowledge would be the Wikipedia Knowledge Index (WKI). Basically, take a certain number of random articles on Wikipedia, throw out disambiguation pages, and find out how many you know. And by know, I mean have heard of and can say a little bit about. I'm not sure what a good sample is, maybe 1000, or even 10000 pages.

Basically, percentage of pages known gives a figure, and that figure is your knowledge rating. I suppose Wikipedia's ever-expanding knowledge base might need to be taken into account, but I don't know. Frankly, I'm unsure of the validity of this tool at all.

My rating: 11/100, or .11

The ones that I knew were:
MetalGreymon (Digimon Character)
Endpoint (Geometry Term)
Young Buck (G-Unit Rapper)
Jaywalking (Crime)
Minarchism (Belief in small government; I've been to that page before)
Conscription (Drafting people into the military)
Hand Warmer (Self Explanatory)
Recurring Characters of Futurama (Zap Brannigan, Nibbler, Evangibot)
Root Cause Analysis (Why Things Happen)
Rug Burn (Burns caused by sliding on the rug)
Websense (Internet Censoring program)

Give it a try.

Listening to: Eminem- Amityville

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home