illegitimate lovechild

Friday, January 27, 2006

ie

Let me lay down a simple fact of the universe. Maybe even a scientific law.

Disney + Musicals = Awesome.

Here's another.

Disney + Pixar = Awesome.

So one can conclude...

Disney + (Pixar x Musicals) = Indisputably awesome.

I'm just saying, look back to the golden age of Disney movies, like The Lion King, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid: all musicals. Then look to the second golden age, also known as the dawn of 3D aniimation, like Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo: all Pixar. Disney made Chicken Little on it's own, and I heard it was pretty lame (even if Zach Braff was in it). Seems fairly obvious to me, Disney. Unthaw your founder and he'll definitely tell you what a no brainer it is (this last sentence goes against my strict police of not putting words in chryogenically frozen mouths, but I have to stand by it!). With Disney's recent acquisition of Pixar, it should be easy to convince them to make the next film a musical. If not, I'll be severely disappointed.

Not saying that some of Disney's non-musical movies aren't good, I'm a big fan of Lilo and Stitch. I'm watching it right now.

So guess what spawned this post. And it might not be the fact that I've watched three Disney musicals in the past week.

3 Comments:

  • Actually, your equations conclude that musicals = Pixar, but we know what you were getting at. Disney moves are great - the plots are so simple, yet they're still fun to watch. My favorite is either Fox and the Hound, Snow White, or Cinderella.

    By Blogger Ribs, at 10:56 PM  

  • Personaly I would like to see a Quentin Tarantino + pixar + musical because I do believe it would be the best movie ever made.

    By Blogger Milk, at 12:04 AM  

  • i just don't get on with musicals. but there's a first time for everything.

    By Blogger dan, at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home