illegitimate lovechild

Monday, October 22, 2007

Much ado about nothing

I think most of the readers are aware I am not as avid a reader as I would like to be. However, I've gotten into the swing of it, and have actually piled up a small to medium sized reading list.

First up is finishing the His Dark Materials series. I read The Golden Compass in about two days.. three days. In fact the second I finished it I went to the public library to check out the second book, but to my horror it was checked out. I promptly reserved it and it should be here tomorrow, and I guess I'll check out the third tomorrow too since I'll probably finish the second in like a day since there's no school. My brother was actually reading Compass for a school project, and I just picked it up because I had nothing to do. I sense a Harry Potter-esque addiction coming on.

Also I was reading the AV Club, and in the My Year Of Flops feature, which is the best on the site, he made a reference to.. you know what, it doesn't matter. Long story short, I ended up on Neil Gaiman's page, and now American Gods is definitely on my reading list. Maybe some Sandman too because I used to be obsessed with the art and only just now put two and two together and realized that it is in fact Neil Gaiman who writes it. (I have never before read anything by Neil Gaiman.)

Finally on my list is The Corrections, which I checked out from the school library on the second day of school. It's really long though so I've been avoiding it, but the first hundred pages were really good. It's under my bed now. I'll get back to it someday.

I realized I really like reading.

P.S. On a somewhat related note, Dumbledore is gay? I was only really shocked because I always thought of him as asexual. (I specifically thought of him as asexual.) As I said before though, if he's going to get it on with anyone, it might as well be Grindelwald.

2 Comments:

  • Should our readers look out for some Dumbledore/Grindelwald slash fiction in the near future? On a related note, I bet wizards have a tough time staying in shape.

    By Blogger john, at 8:39 PM  

  • Ha.

    I liked American Gods and the Sandman series and The Corrections. Good choices. Read, read, read.

    I may have to check out the first books you mentioned, as JF also recently mentioned them, and with 2 mentions my interest is piqued.

    I just finished Special Topics in Calamity Physics, which I really liked.

    By Blogger Vicky Simpleton, at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home