illegitimate lovechild

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

No, you're a TARDIS

So here's an idea I had when I couldn't sleep like two days ago.

Okay, so say I memorize a date. An easy to remember one. For example, I'm going to choose my 18th birthday (April 19, 2008). Now I just have to make sure I remember this date for the rest of my life. So every so often I just think, "What was my date?" and I remember, "18th birthday!" Hoorah. So the reason I remember this for my whole life is so that if time travel is ever invented, then I can come back to that date, a day I'll be expecting myself, and be like, "Yo, time travel, bitch!" That way we'll know if time travel is invented like a hundred years before it is. Of course, in an attempt to avoid paradoxes, you really can't tell yourself anything about the future. But would visiting yourself be a paradox in and of itself? If on my 18th birthday a future me appears out of a machine, yells, "Yo, time travel, bitch!" and disappears again, I'm probably more likely to remember to travel back to that date than just having a date memorized. Bringing the question of where the idea to travel back came from. Paradox.

On second thought, fuck time travel.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • look at all that crap marty mcfly fot into

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home