illegitimate lovechild

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

we're not related, but I call him uncle sam

When dealing with government, my rule above all else is that it should stay out of my shit, and unfortunately, the current trend is towards less of that and more involvement in my aforementioned shit.

The real problem with the United States is that legally, everything is dependent on the constitution, a document that is outdated and imperfect. Ideally, the constitution would be redrafted every certain amount of time, say around 40 or 50 years, by a group of people similar to the founding fathers, a group that can assess the most recent period of time and say, where did the constitution fail? Where did it excel? What trend is the country following right now?

I don't have time to expound on all of this right now, and indeed, I think I could write a thesis about it, but I want to retain the idea by at least putting it out there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home