illegitimate lovechild

Sunday, October 21, 2007

halloween

Halloween is currently ten days away.

Current Costume Ideas:

Voldemort- If I had just shaved my head the day before and I wasn't sporting a beard of Grizzly Adams proportions, this would have been a lock. Unfortunately for me, Voldemort's head appears to be quite hairless, as I imagine the rest of his body to be. Without that added effect, my portrayal of Voldemort would likely be sub-par and uninspired, so I'd rather not get involved with something that I can't put my heart into.

Guy who likes fruit- There is no secret to this costume, it's exactly as advertised. I appreciate the conceptual nature of the costume, the fact that it's somewhat abstract, but visually, it can't really get its point across. While I would enjoy communicating an obsession with fruit and maybe getting some fruit tattoos or something to really show the love, I have fears that telling people what I was all night would make the costume "guy who is a fruit" instead of "guy who likes fruit."

Political Cartoon- Dressing up as a political cartoon would be awesome. The actual costumes would be unimportant, but telling people that you're dressed up as a funnel representing the World Bank and that your friend is dressed up as a water bottle representing third-world countries sounds like a hit at the right party. I have no intention of doing this, as I don't have the audience for it, but for readers who do, it's highly recommended.

That's all the juice, currently, but I might be back with more. I'll certainly be back with the end result, and I'm open to suggestions.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • halloween costumes... that's something I would blog about.

    I would stick with Voldemort. You get creativity points for 'guy who likes fruit,' but the costume would be... almost nonexistent. I'm not even going to comment on the political cartoon, except that you're right about lacking an audience.

    By Blogger Rebecca Thering, at 7:37 PM  

  • Dude, I say go as a bicycle pump! But really I think instead of "Guy who likes fruit" you should just be Johnny Appleseed. and all you have to do then is look poor and have a bag full of seeds and a few apples.

    By Blogger Milk, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home