illegitimate lovechild

Monday, May 01, 2006

Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon; your mouth is lovely. Song of Solomon 4:2

Lengthy hiatus seems to have inspired me slightly. When pressure to blog is lost, perhaps it can flow more freely.

I'm in an interesting place at my church youth group. I'm starting to come into my own a bit, attending/enjoying-wise, but I'm still clearly a sort of aloof stranger. I'm not sure if that is taken as contempt, but I imagine that is what I would take it as if I was one of the YG insiders. I'm rather quiet, and when I do speak, I'm very concise and intelligent.

The part that makes interesting the leaders' attitudes towards me is the fact that at the first event I attended, an ice cream social of sorts at Coldstone, I told one of the leaders that I was there because my mom made me come, because I "do bad things."

Haha. My words may have been intentionally inflammatory.

So now it's like all the leaders are my friends, or at least try to act in such a way. I do like them all, but I only really have a couple of friends there, and I don't really have any friends among the kids, just the adults. I would like to get more involved though, it's worth going to, and the people are nice.

And they're not pushing God on me, and if they did I'd be sure to alienate myself like you would not believe, I'm not taking any peer pressure bullshit. Even if it is from Jesus.

listening to: The White Stripes- I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)

postscript: coincidentally, the name of that White Stripes album is Get Behind Me Satan.

4 Comments:

  • Child, I love thee.

    By Blogger Vicky Simpleton, at 9:40 PM  

  • John, you write very well. In fact, so well that I had to re-read some paragraphs, mainly the second, because it was at a higher level than I am used to reading. Have you read "Heart of Darkness"? I think that's the book; the movie version is Apocolypse* Now, with Martin Sheen and Marlon Brando. Anyway, I thought of that book when reading your post, as the very confusing yet perfectly correct sentence structure resembled it.

    By Blogger Sam, at 3:50 PM  

  • Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 AM  

  • Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home