illegitimate lovechild

Monday, January 02, 2006

Our lives will be cheapened.

As most of you have hopefully noticed, it's now 2006. My excitement towards the new year gradually decreased as it came closer. It's something like this:As you can see, there's a very clear relationship. Linear, one might say.

Anyway. My resolution this year is the same as last. Read ten books. I set the bar low. And I still didn't make it. But I'll make it this year. I hope.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas-- oops, had happy holidays.

That's all I've got for now.

5 Comments:

  • Actually Gil, it would appear that as distance from 2006 grows your excitement decreases, at least according to your graph. Perhaps if distance from 2006 was instead labeled as date or time until 2006.

    I'm sure we all understood the idea though.

    By Blogger john, at 1:40 PM  

  • Ha, that was entertaining. Nice graph.

    You'll read ten books this year - it'll happen.

    By Blogger Ribs, at 3:11 PM  

  • Well, then, just pretend that it's Date on the x axis, with the x-max being 2006

    By Blogger Gil, at 4:08 PM  

  • I think my enjoyment would have been more of exponential, as the distance from 12 increases, my enjoyment decreases at an alarming rate, kind of like Ebola.

    By Blogger Milk, at 9:15 AM  

  • the easy solution to getting the variables on the correct axis is turn the paper round and look at it through a mirror.

    it doesn't matter that the writing is back to front. works for me every time.

    By Blogger dan, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home