illegitimate lovechild

Monday, January 02, 2006

the senses, part five

So this morning, I had to wake up and go to practice at around 7:45. It's fine that I had to go to practice and get up early, but as I was going to get something to drink, I opened the fridge to a spectacle.

I don't have a picture, but my father had laid a bottle of sparkling wine across all of the other items on that shelf of the fridge, this being the shelf featuring the milk and juice, the vitals. I was trying to get to the milk, and I was groggy and in a bit of a hurry, so I accidentally popped open the wine, spilling it all around the shelf.

Now, at this point, I just sort of stared at the situation in exasperation. Feeling the pressure of the situation, I acted slightly brashly. I cleaned up the spill with my jacket sleeve, which was then soaking with sparkling wine. Afterwards I tried to cram the bottle in the fridge in many other creative ways, but it ended up sideways again.

So now my sleeve smells like champagne.

I have two cavities that I have to get filled today, ugh. I suppose my lackadaisical tooth brushing habits led to that, but I don't foresee drastic changes on my part, so modern dentistry needs to get its act together.

Listening to: Make Out Kids- Motion City Soundtrack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home